Cell Biology and Art Class Omnibus – CACAO
CACAO is an Erasmus + program funded project within key action two – Cooperation partnership in school education. The lead coordinator is the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula.
To deepen and diversify crucial skills, knowledge, and attitudes of preschool teachers in Europe and beyond, the Cell Biology and Art Class Omnibus (CACAO) project brings together biology and music researchers, artists, preschool teachers, and experts in technology-assisted learning from five European countries to co-create unique pre-school learning program blending cell biology, music, dance, and visual art. High-quality early childhood education is an extraordinarily powerful way to promote continued success in school, in the workplace, and in society.
Seven partners from five European countries (Croatia, Spain, Belgium, Poland and Italy) have gathered aiming to develop and implement a highly innovative and inclusive pedagogical concept blending music, visual art, and cell biology.
The CACAO pedagogical program will be developed for five and six-year-old children and their teachers who will get certified professional education on using music as an educational tool to teach children biological concepts.
During the two years of the project implementation, five project results will be created:
- two curriculums designed for blending biology and art (with emphasis on music) for preschool children and a curriculum designed for blending biology and art (with emphasis on music) for early childhood educators and a definition of CACAO certification
- CACAO online platform with a web repository of activities, songs, videos, and sound material for the CACAO curriculum.
- CACAO-certified online course for early childhood educators following CACAO curriculum design, allowing continuous professional development in STEAM for preschool educators
- extensive scientific evaluation of the impact of CACAO program implementation.
- 1.12.2021. – 30.11.2023. (24 months)
CACAO website : https://mycacao.eu/
Project reference: 2021-1-HR01-KA220-SCH-000027781
- Universidad Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
- Musica, Impulscentrum voor Muziek (Belgium)
- Djecji vrtic Petar Pan (Croatia)
- Embassy International School Sp. z.o.o. (Poland)
- IL GIROTONDO coop sociale srl (Italy)
- Fabula movens ltd (Croatia)